If you have an interest in becoming a Certified Elder Care Manager ™ you first need to qualify to sit for the exam. Once your qualifications are reviewed and background check evaluation is completed, you will get a link to take the certification exam. Upon successful completion of the exam you will receive Certification as an Elder Care Manager that is valid for two years. Your personalized certificate will then be immediately available for you to print.
PATH A = Degree and Licensed route to certification:
Minimum AS, BA, BS or MA, MS Degree in Nursing, Gerontology, Social Work, Human Services, Health Care, Psychology, Therapeutic Recreation or a related discipline
AND Current Professional License as RN, LPN, APN, Social Worker, Clinical Professional Counselor, or a related health care discipline.
AND Successful Background Check
AND Successful Completion of CECM Exam.
PATH B Equivalency path = Degree or Experience route to certification:
Minimum AS, BA, BS , MA or MS Degree in Nursing, Gerontology, Social Work, Human Services, Health Care, Psychology, Therapeutic Recreation, or in an un–related discipline or at least two years experience working in an elder care capacity.
AND Successful Background Check and Reference Check
AND Successful Completion of CECM Exam
1. Complete application on-line and pay application fee of $140.00 or apply code.
2. Application reviewed and background check initiated. If unable to qualify for exam, all but $50 processing fee will be refunded to applicant.
3. Receive link to take exam, with payment of $160.00 exam fee.
4. With “passing” score on exam, certification is granted. If “passing” score not achieved, can re-take exam within 30 days at no additional charge. Otherwise a $160.00 exam fee to retest. Only two retests within six months. Contact office if special accommodation is needed for exam administration.
5. Collect 30 CE credits within two years for re-certification. Certification is valid for two years from testing date.
CECM Elder Care Manager Certification Body meets American National Standards Institute requirements for professional certification programs.
Please Click Here to start the Application and Testing Process: Click Here to Apply
© Copyright November 4, 2014